APART FROM THE ABOVE EXCEPTIONS, WE ARE CURRENTLY CLOSED FOR NOVEL/NOVELLA/COLLECTION SUBMISSIONS EXCEPT BY INVITATION.
WE ARE WILLING TO LOOK AT AGENTED MANUSCRIPTS IN ALL GENRES LISTED BELOW.
For us, novellas range from 30,000 to 40,000 words. Novels and collections are 40,000 words and above.
We are not looking for anything smaller than this.
PLEASE READ THE ENTIRE PAGE, RIGHT TO THE BOTTOM, BEFORE SUBMITTING.
Reprints: Please query.
Please read the entire page before doing anything. Then, read it once more.
What we want:
- Military thrillers, military sci-fi, or military horror
- SHTF, apocalyptic or post-apocalyptic horror (there are too many bad zombie tales out there already, so if you have the shambling (or running) dead in your story, it better be damn good)
- Biological/Creature horror ie. beasties rising up against man, giant creatures devouring cities etc.
- YA in the above genres
- Collections in the above genres
- Memoirs of crime or addiction
- Memoirs of military service or action. We particularly like Special Forces
NOTE: Unique projects will always be considered.
If you have something that is unable to be classified, contact us via the Contact Page
We offer 50% of gross income on all electronic and print sales
Please include a brief ‘hello, this is who I am’ in your email body as a cover letter.
Blank emails with attachments will be deleted.
Pitches MUST be attached as a doc file. DO NOT include in the body of the email.
How to format your pitch:
Your pitch should include the following items in this order:
1. Contact information top left. Total wordcount top right.
2. Title and author name centred
3. Full synopsis; around 400-600 words
4. Author bio
5. Any promotion ability you have, such as website, blog, social media etc. We WILL promote your work, but expect you to do the same.
6. The first three chapters or 10,000 words (whichever comes first) in the same document
- Courier or Times New Roman; 12pt; italics as they will appear. No underlining. MINIMAL FORMATTING.
- Double spaced
- DO NOT use tab or spacing to indent lines. Use ‘styles’ only. If unsure, do not indent at all
- ONE SPACE after periods
- NO LINE between paragraphs unless a line-break is required
Send submissions to: submissions@
Subject line should be: genre_[title]_[surname]
We will respond within 48 hours to acknowledge receipt of your submission.
We will make contact within 2 weeks – at the most – in regard to whether we want to read your novel.
If you haven’t heard back in three weeks from the date of pitch submission, send us an enquiry via submissions@
The subject line of this email should be in the format: pitchenquiry_
Via: Cohesion Press.
- Taking Submissions: Fell Beasts and Fair Anthology - August 21, 2017
- Trembling With Fear 08/20/2017 - August 20, 2017
- Taking Submissions: 2019 Young Explorer’s Adventure Guide - August 18, 2017
- Ongoing Submissions: Inwood Indiana - August 17, 2017
- Taking Submissions: Reckoning #2 - August 16, 2017
- Taking Submissions: Real American Horror - August 15, 2017
- Taking Submissions: If It Bleeds, It Leads! - August 14, 2017
- ‘Screams The Machine’ Blog Tour: Sam Mortimer On “Does Originality Exist?” - August 14, 2017
- Trembling With Fear 08/13/2017 - August 13, 2017
- Ongoing Submissions: Black Dandy - August 11, 2017